Nigerians have a way of making everything popular including words. The other day I was thinking of expressions Nigerians cannot do without in their daily conversations. Here,I have attempted to put together a list of some of these expressions. Do add your own in the comment box.
1. It‘s well commonly pronounced as iswell
2. God is watching you
3. It’s a lie also pronounced as ezay a lie
4. Is that so commonly pronounced as esat so
5. It’s alright commonly pronounced as issorai
6. Yes sir commonly pronounced as ye sah
7. No wahala!
8. No problem
9. I dey
10. It’s okay commonly pronounced as isokay
11. See you
12. How far? Commonly pronounced as Hafaa
13. Na wa
14. No time
15. Na today?
16. Yes o
17. I no fit shout
18. I can’t shout
19. I hail o
20. Shine your eyes
21. My oga
22. My Chairman
23. Na you sabi
24. Na you know
25. You get mouth
Which one do you want to add? Feel free to add it/them in the comment box.
Your comments bring out the beauty in our stories. Have your say in the comment box below. To share our story, click on the Facebook share button or on the twitter button.
Follow us twitter @lagosconvo
Copyright 2014 Lagos Convo.
Otherwise stated, all stories on www.lagosconvo.com are Intellectual Property of HMG STUDIOS LTD. No permission has been granted for the reproduction of our materials in part or whole on any platform, electronic or otherwise.