There are some words you read sometimes and you go “these words are meant for me.” The beautiful thing about some of these words is their far reaching effects. You read them and immediately, they stir up some reactions in you. Here, I have complied some Lupita Nyong’o great quotes I think everyone of us especially ladies should read.
Lupita Nyong’o does not need any introduction these days, however, here is a quick introduction if you do not know her. Lupita Nyong’o was born in Mexico, to Kenyan parents. She was raised in Kenya and educated in the USA. She is a graduate of the Yale University School of Drama’s Acting program. Lupita’s film debut was playing “Patsey” in acclaimed director, Steve McQueen‘s 12 Years a Slave(2013). She was also the lead in MTV’s award-winning drama series, Shuga.
Here are the quotes…
1. When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you are from, your dreams are valid.
2. I hope that my presence on your screen and my face in magazines may lead you, young girls, on beautiful journey. That you will feel the validation of your external beauty, but also get to the deeper business of being beautiful inside
3. It’s funny, you go to acting school thinking you are going to learn how to be other people, but it really taught me how to be myself. Because it’s in understanding yourself that you can lend yourself to another person’s circumstances and another person’s experience.
4. What I will say is that what I have learned for myself is that I don’t have to be anybody else; and that myself is good enough and that when I am being true to that self, then I can avail myself to the extraordinary things…You have to allow for the impossible to be possible.
“You can’t eat beauty, it doesn’t feed you…beauty was not a thing that I could acquire or consume, it was something that I just had to be. You can’t rely on how you look to sustain you. What actually sustains us, what is fundamentally beautiful, is compassion–for yourself and for those around you. That kind of beauty inflames the heart and enchants the soul.”
5. Personally, I don’t ever want to depend on makeup to feel beautiful.
Sources of the quotes: http://act.mtv.com/posts/4-best-quotes-from-lupita-nyongo/