The day I stumbled upon these quotes you are about to read now, something shifted in my mind. I knew right there and then that I have hit gold. I could literally feel those words quicken my bones. You know what I did? I quickly got a cardboard paper, cut the paper into squares and wrote each quote boldly on each of the square paper I had cut. From that day, I shuffle those papers to read what I had written on them and I can I assure, they have been of immense blessings to me. I strongly believe that some of the words you are going to read now will not only challenge your mindset, they will set you on a path of self discovery and greater achievements. Please do not gloss over them; pause and ponder on them as much as you can to enable you assimilate the messages. Have a great time reading.
1. “A man does what he must — in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers, and pressures — and that is the basis of all human morality.” – John Kennedy
2. “Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.”- Chuck Norris
3. “After a certain age every man is responsible for his face”– Albert Camus
(Put in another way, the quote simply says that we’re all products of our pasts, and at a certain point “who we are” is a reflection of “what we’ve done.” And when you’d reach that age, you better be proud of the choices you’ve made and the actions you’ve committed, because you’re responsible for them).
4.“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”- Theo
(The long and arduous path to the top of the lader is about proving yourself on the bottom. Underachievers always think they’ll start performing when they get the promotion to the bigger job, but they’re only fooling themselves.)
5. “Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.” – George Washington
(man should always strive to honor his principles no matter what the monetary offer may be)
6. “Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”- Oscar Wilde
(there’s no such thing as a platonic relationship between a man and a woman. The man is usually consumed with the idea of sleeping with her. It’s a belief widely acknowledged by men, but rarely accepted by women.)
7. “It is not titles that make men illustrious, but men who make titles illustrious.”
(Never be restricted or defined by your title, no matter who you are).
8. “When men speak ill of thee, live so as nobody may believe them.”- Plato
9. “There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time.” – Napoleon
(Whether you’re trying to do, just know the greatest enemy of those plans is time. Life is short, unpredictable and you’re only given a small window of opportunity to complete your aspirations. Constant procrastination and indecisiveness is a sure way to be robbed of them. So quit putting off that coup d’état, and get your act together.)
10. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.”- Bob Dylan
If you are inspired by what you read, invite your friends to read us by introducing this page to them.
Quotes culled from: http://uk.askmen.com/
The opening commentary and additional information by Noble.
Your comments bring out the beauty in our stories. Have your say in the comment box below. To share our story, click on the Facebook share button or on the twitter button.
Follow us twitter @lagosconvo
Copyright 2014 Lagos Convo.
Otherwise stated, all stories on www.lagosconvo.com are Intellectual Property of HMG STUDIOS LTD. No permission has been granted for the reproduction of our materials in part or whole on any platform, electronic or otherwise.
For permission and other related inquiries, send mail to [email protected]