SETH GODIN is the author of 18 books that have been bestsellers around the world and have been translated into more than 35 languages. He writes about the post-industrial revolution, the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership and most of all, changing everything. You might be familiar with his books Linchpin, Tribes, The Dip and Purple Cow.
So here’s a compilation of 16 Seth Godin quotes we all need to read and keep handy.
1) “How can I create something that critics will criticize?”
2) “Be genuine. Be remarkable. Be worth connecting with.”
3) “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.”
4) “Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.”
5) “If you can’t state your position in eight words, you don’t have a position.”
6) “If failure is not an option, then neither is success.”
7) “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.”
8) “The job isn’t to catch up to the status quo; the job is to invent the status quo.”
9) “The best way to be missed when you’re gone is to stand for something when you’re here.”
10) “If you’re brilliant and undiscovered and underappreciated then you’re being too generous about your definition of brilliant.”
11) “Quit or be exceptional. Average is for losers.”
12) “There’s no record of Martin Luther King, Jr. or Gandhi whining about credit. Credit isn’t the point. Change is.”
13) “Sure, ideas that spread win. But ideas that don’t get spoken always fail.”
14) “I can tell you this: Leaders have nothing in common.”
15) “All the creativity books in the world aren’t going to help you if you’re unwilling to have lousy, lame, and even dangerously bad ideas.”
16) “The best the timid can hope for is to be unnoticed. Criticism comes to those who stand out.”
We love reading from you, have you say in the comment box.