Today’s edition of ‘Quotes every woman should read’ is compilation of some of the notable and insightful quotes from Oprah Winfrey.
1. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
2. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
3. “Some women have a weakness for shoes… I can go barefoot if necessary. I have a weakness for books.”
4. “Step Away from the Mean Girls…
…and say bye-bye to feeling bad about your looks.
Are you ready to stop colluding with a culture that makes so many of us feel physically inadequate? Say goodbye to your inner critic, and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others.
This is a call to arms. A call to be gentle, to be forgiving, to be generous with yourself. The next time you look into the mirror, try to let go of the story line that says you’re too fat or too sallow, too ashy or too old, your eyes are too small or your nose too big; just look into the mirror and see your face. When the criticism drops away, what you will see then is just you, without judgement, and that is the first step toward transforming your experience of the world.”
5. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
6. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.”
7. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.
8. “If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren’t going to change simply because you want them to. ”
9. I am a woman in process. I’m just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience, and learn from it. Life is never dull.
10. I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.
11. I don’t think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.