Bulldozers are designed for cutting layers of soil, moving the soil at short distances and leveling it. They are widely used in various industries from laying the railways and roads to the construction of dams and dikes.
How to choose a bulldozer?
How can you get economic criteria for choosing a bulldozer? They are quite unique for this type of vehicles:
- You have to find the information about specific engine capacity in horsepower per 1 cubic meter of the drawing prism the car’s passport data.
- Look for the data about specific fuel consumption g/(hp/hour) in the passport or the information from the engine manufacturer.
- The first value is divided by the second one, and the result is multiplied by the reverse speed of the bulldozer. This is important because no bulldozer can work without being able to move back.
- This result is multiplied by the curb weight of the car. Bulldozers work with help of traction. The heavier the car is, the bigger the prism of drawing it can push ahead without skidding.
The bigger the final result is, the higher the specific productivity of the machine per $ 1 of operating costs.
Types of bulldozers
According to the blade control:
- rope block control. It allows only raising and lowering the blade;
- hydraulic control. It allows you to move the blade as you like and is reliable in all types of environment.
- electric and electrohydraulic control. It is used with heavy and super-heavy vehicles;
- mechanical control is used with mini-bulldozers.
According to tractive force:
The most important thing is the right balance between the weight and the capacity of the vehicle. There are the following traction types:
- up to 0.9 tons with the capacity of 25-50 hp – Small;
- 1-1.4 tons with the capacity of 50-130 hp – Light;
- 6-25 tons with the capacity of 140-210 hp – Average;
- 25-35 tons with the capacity of 300-550 hp – Heavy;
- over 35 tons and with the capacity of more than 690 hp – Super heavy.
According to the purpose:
- construction and soil-moving vehicles;
- loaders that can shove dirt or debris;
- brush cutters can trim and drag thick bushes or undergrowth in the woods;
- stump-diggers are able to rip out the stumps or boulders;
- dump cleaners are used to level and get rid of dumps;
- swamp dozers are used in mining works on peat deposits;
- rescue dozers are designed for operation in the most extreme conditions.
The brands you should concern
The leading manufacturers are Caterpillar, Komatsu, Liebherr, and Fiat-Kobelco.
Buy bulldozers on Jiji: we offer you high-quality machines manufactured by leading brands from reliable suppliers for the best prices on the web!
You’ll be pleasantly surprised how safe & quickly you can buy on Jiji and you will spend very little of your valuable time! Moreover, we offer a huge range of bulldozers of various types.
It’s always nice to choose when you are offered a wider assortment!